Page as PDF
Page as PDF
- Mars Chocolate and Wrigley Team Up for “The Candy Bowl,” Featuring Playful Rivalry Between Skittles® and SNICKERS®
- Building off of the success of last year’s Super Bowl activation, Wrigley and Mars Chocolate will deliver their second joint-selling program, The Candy Bowl, to leverage the power of the companies’ combined product portfolio.
- The Candy Bowl gives consumers the chance to join Team Snickers or Team Skittles by texting a picture of their favorite product to win instant prizes, unlock exclusive content and enter to win the Grand Prize Sweepstakes.
- The program will be supported by a series of integrated activities including joint in-store displays and consumer promotions designed to help retailers drive sales around Super Bowl, the year’s biggest snacking occasion behind Thanksgiving.
- November 2016 - February 2017
- This partnership allows retailers to tap into Wrigley and Mars Chocolate’s robust portfolio which include the #1 or #2 confectionery brand in every age group. This also creates greater opportunities to drive sales as chocolate and non-chocolate are “AND” purchases with each other and other Super Bowl foods and candy.
- Last year’s joint program contributed to sales increases for Snickers, Skittles and Starburst throughout the Super Bowl selling season. While this is always a productive time period, the companies were able to drive an additional 20 percent incremental sales above what is typically seen, and retail partners are seeing the value as display orders continue to grow year over year.
- “Our SNICKERS®/SKITTLES® Super Bowl promotion in January featured the new SNICKERS® Crisper, one of the best new brand launches across all categories in several years. The strong Super Bowl promotion helped us carry a yearlong SNICKERS® campaign, which has resulted in a 63% increase in the SNICKERS® Brand year-to-date.”
- MEDIA CONTACT:
- Ampy Vasquez (973) 691-3536