Page as PDF
Halloween 2016 scares up a spine-tingling array of new items and returning favorites from Mars Chocolate North America. With iconic brands, including M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE® and 3 MUSKETEERS® Brands, Mars leverages innovation and satisfies Halloween usage occasions with new M&M’S® Brand Harvest flavors, new large and medium FUN SIZE® varieties, and variety bags and stand-up pouches with themed flavor combinations.
- Ninety-seven percent of households participate in Halloween, with chocolate sales totaling $1.03 billion.1
- Mars is #2 in Halloween with a 38 percent share of sales and boasts five of the top 10 brands.2
- Trick-or-treating is the top usage occasion at Halloween. Seventy-one percent of consumers participate in trick-or-treating, accounting for 57 percent of sales. Sixty-two percent of consumers participate in decorating and snacking (11 percent of sales), 30 percent in Halloween parties (19 percent of sales) and 16 percent in treats for self (12 percent of sales).3
- Variety bags are the fastest-growing Halloween pack type and drive seasonal sales. Eighty-three percent of consumers feel variety bags provide convenience and choice to make shopping easier. More than 50 percent of Halloween shoppers purchase variety bags.3
- M&M’S® Brand is one of the top five most-purchased brands for Halloween, is the most thought of brand for baking and is the second most-purchased candy for filling candy bowls.4
Displays and Graphics
Each season, Mars continues to build momentum for its iconic brands by refreshing and redesigning graphics, packaging and displays to better connect with consumers and the season. This year, updates to the packaging for SNICKERS® Brand Harvest Minis feature seasonal colors, harvest leaf icons and a festive fall message in each individually wrapped piece.
For 2016, a new themed variety bag collection pulls together consumers’ favorite brands based on flavors and textures including “Smooth & Creamy,” “Crunchy & Crispy” and “Smooth Caramel.” With bold graphics, these bags satisfy consumers’ needs for convenience and choice.
Mars continues to deliver an array of eye-catching displays with Halloween and harvest graphics that are loaded with top-performing Mars brands. New pallet displays with optimized mixes build excitement among consumers to drive sales during the Halloween season.
Mars engages consumers and unmasks high-flying sales for retailers with marketing campaigns during Halloween 2016. Highlights of the multi-media, multi-brand support include national TV and print advertising, high-value FSIs, digital advertising and social media.
To learn more about new offerings for Halloween 2016, please click on the PDF icon above to view the fact sheet.
1. National Retail Federation, 2015
2. National Confectioners Association, 2015
3. 2015 Nielsen: Halloween 9 Weeks Ending 10/31/2015
4. Halloween Beacon 2013
- MEDIA CONTACT:
- Ampy Vasquez (973) 691-3536