Page as PDF
MALTESERS® Brand - Fact Sheet
The #1 bite-sized chocolate brand in the U.K., MALTESERS® Chocolatey Bite Size Candies feature a crispy, airy center, wrapped in a smooth, mouth-watering, chocolatey covering. Consumers enjoy this snack for its playful crunch with a slow chocolatey melt.
- 1936: MALTESERS® Malt Balls premiered in Slough, England, just one year after founder Forrest Mars introduced the incredibly successful Mars bar. First launched in a box format, MALTESERS® were an immediate hit and quickly became a favorite in the U.K.
- 1941: The production line for MALTESERS® was temporarily stopped during World War II, and the brand returned in 1951.
- 1959: The first MALTESERS® TV ad aired, focusing on the lightness and nutrition of the product compared to other traditional chocolates.
- Throughout the ‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s, MALTESERS® built a strong message of fun chocolate moments with a light, chocolatey taste. More pack formats from single bag to FUN SIZE® packs launched, with the pouch arriving in 2005.
- 2012: MALTESERS® celebrated its 75th anniversary in the UK market, looking back over a very successful past and celebrating its status as the number 1 bitesize brand in the U.K.
- 2016: Theater goers in the U.S. enjoyed MALTESERS® starting in September 2016.
- 2017: In January, retailers across the U.S. will offer MALTESERS® in five different sizes, ranging from 1.3-ounce singles to a 31.0-ounce party tub.
- MEDIA CONTACT:
- Ampy Vasquez (973) 691-3536