Page as PDF
SNICKERS® Brand – Fact Sheet
Introduced in 1930, SNICKERS® Bar is crammed with crunchy peanuts, caramel and nougat, then coated with smooth milk chocolate. The iconic candy bar quickly became one of the world’s favorite treats, and today, SNICKERS® Bar is the country’s fastest selling candy bar.
SNICKERS® Bar is available in several formats: as a single, 2 To Go sharing size, FUN SIZE®, Minis, unwrapped Bites and in limited edition seasonal offerings and shapes for Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween and Christmas.
In addition to the iconic candy bar, the SNICKERS® Brand portfolio also includes:
- NEW SNICKERS® & Hazelnut Bar satisfies with everything consumers love about SNICKERS®—peanuts, caramel and nougat covered in milk chocolate—with the addition of delicious hazelnuts.
- SNICKERS® Crisper delivers crispy satisfaction with a combination of crisped rice and peanuts topped with a layer of caramel and coated in creamy milk chocolate.
- SNICKERS® Brand Peanut Butter Squared offers everything there is to love about SNICKERS® Bar —peanuts, caramel, nougat and milk chocolate— plus peanut butter.
- SNICKERS® Brand Almond Bar tackles hunger with a satisfying combination of roasted almonds, peanuts, caramel and milk chocolate.
- SNICKERS® Bites are unwrapped, bite-sized cubes that are a miniature version of the popular SNICKERS® Bar, ideal for consumers looking for the full taste experience of a SNICKERS® Bar in a smaller portion.
- The SNICKERS® Ice Cream portfolio really satisfies with a combination of peanut butter ice cream, caramel, peanuts and chocolate. Choose from ice cream bars, mini ice cream bars, ice cream cones and ice cream brownies.
- SNICKERS® Xtreme Bar offers a single layer of crunchy roasted peanuts and smooth caramel perfectly blended and enrobed in milk chocolate.
- SNICKERS® Brand ROCKIN’ NUT ROAD™ Bar is packed with marshmallow flavored nougat covered with crunchy almonds and smothered in dark chocolate.
Connect with SNICKERS® Brand
SNICKERS® Brand Insights
- SNICKERS® Bar is the fastest selling singles bar in the U.S.1
- The $2.4 billion bite-size segment represents almost 20 percent of the chocolate category and is growing faster than the chocolate category, up 60 percent since 2009.2
- Since SNICKERS® Bar 2 To Go is the second largest convenience store “king size” item, SNICKERS® Brand is uniquely positioned to drive productive news for the category.3
- 25% of category purchases are made in search of variety and consumers look to buy innovation from brands they know.4
- SNICKERS® & Hazelnut Bar satisfies with everything consumers love about SNICKERS®—peanuts, caramel and nougat covered in milk chocolate—with the addition of delicious hazelnuts. (December 2016, $.99 - $1.09 for 1.76-ounce Single, $1.69-$1.79 for 3.23-ounce 2 to Go)
- SNICKERS® Brand 2017 Hunger Bar Promotion: SNICKERS® Hunger Bars are back and better than ever in 2017. As part of the “Who Are You When You’re Hungry” campaign, SNICKERS® Brand Original Singles are joined by SNICKERS® Almond, SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squared and SNICKERS® Crisper -- all boasting a new range of hunger symptoms. (June - August 2017)
1. Nielsen Dollar Velocity / MM AVC Last 52 Weeks ending 2/14/15
2. IRI Database 4/13
3. L52 Nielsen Offtake Date Week Ending 7/12/2015
4. Nielsen Consumer Panel 2013
- MEDIA CONTACT:
- Ampy Vasquez (973) 691-3536